The American Welding Society (“AWS”) is tasked with developing standards for welders in the United States.
It is critical to understand that failure to adhere to the standards established by AWS may lead to weld and structure integrity issues and/or potentially unsafe practices affecting personnel.
- Standards, Codes, & Procedures
- Fabrication Requirements
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Engineer Responsibilities
- Certified Weld Inspector (“CWI”)
- Contractors / Fabricators
- Weld Procedure Qualification Specification Process (“WPS”)
- Single-V- Groove Butt Joint
- Material Control
- Summary and Conclusion