As networks are upgraded for 5G, End Users must consider whether their new or existing mounts can withstand the changes to increased quantity, weight, and size of equipment.
To evaluate these factors it is vital to understand (i) how a mounts’ design capacity is determined; (ii) how the design capacity is affected by the installation condition; (iii) maintenance considerations; (iv) ANSI/TIA-222-H; and (v) other code-based requirements for mounts. Additional discussion topics include:
- How increased Effective Projected Area (“EPA”) impacts mount capacity
- Engineering interpretation of published mount capacities
- Mismatch in Mount Analysis and Construction Drawings
- Structural Analysis vs. Mount Analysis scope
- An engineer’s approach to ensuring code-compliance